Where do I file a petition to request a detailed accounting of a family trust? 2 Answers as of November 14, 2016

The estate company that assisted my mother, the testator, is in another county. The beach front property was not accounted for. Where do I file and do I need an attorney for this or is this something I can do on my own?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
WFB Legal Consulting, Inc.
WFB Legal Consulting, Inc. | William F. Bernard
Have an attorney first seek a detailed accounting from the Trustee. If that fails, file an action in the county/state where the property was located, assuming the trust was "funded" (contained the property in question). Otherwise, you would have to file a Probate action.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/14/2016
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
Did the "Company" draft the trust, or did they administer it after death? Is Mom alive? Why is a "company" involved?
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/3/2016
Click to View More Answers: