Where can you find all laws pertaining to sports agents? 2 Answers as of May 19, 2011

Where can you find all laws pertaining to sports agents?

Law Office of Bert W Gieseman Jr
Law Office of Bert W Gieseman Jr | Albert W. Gieseman Jr.
Legal research to examine federal law and each state's laws will be required. There may be treatises that deal with this subject.
ARC Law Group
ARC Law Group | Mark Pearson
I will assume you are wondering about how to legally become a sports agent. If that is indeed the nature of your question, then the answer is that each of the major professional sports leagues requires that player agents be licensed and bonded in some form or fashion. The bond requirement can be quite expensive and varies from league to league. Most professional sports leagues also require that agents have at least one client before becoming an agent. Each league also has a set of rules governing the conduct of agents, especially when it comes to recruiting players who are not yet eligible to be professionals. If you are looking for specific rules governing agents in a particular league, you can find limited information on the league's specific website.

Federal, state and local laws may also govern how an agent can conduct business, on a more general level. Agents are subject to the same tax, licensing and other general business laws as any other line of work. If you have any further questions you can contact me.