Where can I find a retired estate planning attorney's records? 4 Answers as of June 30, 2011

Where can I find a retired attorney's records? Estate related, possibly non filed estate records?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Schreiber Law Firm
The Schreiber Law Firm | Jeffrey D. Schreiber
Call the bar association to see if he or she is still a member or alive. If still an attorney, active or not, it will have their address.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/30/2011
The Coyle Law Office
The Coyle Law Office | T. Andrew Coyle
You may want to check with the Illinois Attorney Registration Commission as they may have a record of who that attorney left his files with. Outside of that, it can be difficult to locate such documents.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/30/2011
Law Offices of Timothy G. Kearney, LLC
Law Offices of Timothy G. Kearney, LLC | Timothy G. Kearney
You should contact the local bar association or an attorney in the locale of where the retired attorney practiced.
Answer Applies to: Connecticut
Replied: 6/30/2011
Ashman Law Office
Ashman Law Office | Glen Edward Ashman
There may not be any records to find. Most attorneys do not maintain records more than a few years, and when lawyers retire, often they will shred everything (or their heirs will after the lawyer dies). If the lawyer is living, call the state bar to get his address and ask. If he was in a firm, also ask others in the firm.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: