Where can I find a low cost Chapter 7 bankruptcy if I qualify? 9 Answers as of May 12, 2015

We already know we qualify for a chapter 7. Need low cost bankruptcy.

Talk to your local pro bono legal entity.
Here's the problem. A lot of lawyers who advertise a low fee BK typically charge more for their BK's then the average practitioner. It is a way of getting people through the door. But they charge extra for this, and extra for that. I don't play those games. If you have already been to a consultation, and know how everything works, look for an attorney who has filed thousands of bankruptcies. Then call their office and ask for a range of fees. Look at their website, and ask to speak with the lawyer personally. See if it's a "good fit". Those are some ideas. Good luck!
I understand that you want a "low cost bankruptcy". You can call around and ask prices but remember that lawyers make their living by selling their time. Some might think the hourly fee is outrageous. Out of that hourly fee comes the rent, salary for the staff, Workman's compensation, general liability insurance, malpractice insurance, computer maintenance, office machines like computers and printers which have limited life spans, software, office supplies, continuing education, advertising, law books and more. I "made" 33% of my gross last year and then paid over 25% of that in taxes. After all was said and done my billing rate of $350.00 and hour netted me $87.00 an hour. Is that allot of money? No because not every hour of every day is a "billable event". Responding to these questions is not a billable event and can take up to an hour some times. I do not charge for consultations. Having said all of that I charge a flat fee for a non-business chapter 7. The fee is $900.00 plus the filing fee of $335.00. This include everything including reaffirmation agreements if necessary. I have been doing this along time so we get calls from past clients years later wanting copies of documents. If you get a good lawyer you will get good customer service long after the case is done. I pay someone to do this. You may find a lawyer at nacba.org. See the attachment.
Depends what you think is low cost. And low does not always mean good. You may find yourself regretting taking the lowest fee you can find.
Shop around. But avoid the attorneys that advertise on TV, they often have lots of hidden fees.
    Mom always said you get what you pay for and my experience with a low cost attorney is you will get low quality service. Most people who need to go the cheap route in bankruptcy really don't need bankruptcy at all. But the cheap attorney will never tell you this because the cheap attorney really needs to collect that cheap fee from you to make the rent. I suggest checking out the reviews on any attorney you think will provide you with a low rate because the other clients will tell you the truth.
    I assume you mean a low-cost bankruptcy lawyer, since the court filing fee is what it is$335.00 at present. Generally, of course, you get the kind of legal services you pay for. You can try the State Bar Lawyer Referral and Information Service, or check online (e.g. at Avvo.com, or other lawyer-search platforms) or the yellow pages. Good Luck.
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter | Daniel J Winter
    Many attorneys offer free consultations; you can call to set that up. You will need to bring your ID, Social Security card, Tax returns for the last 4 years, and any bills or lawsuits you have.
    Bensamochan & Poghosyan LLP | Eric Bensamochan
    You can file yourself in Pro Per. Most Bankruptcy Courts have self help desks where you can ask questions and pick up the paperwork needed to file.