Where can I find information about the local rules for court procedure for the area I live? 1 Answers as of January 06, 2012

I was recently involved in a Child Custody case at the recommendation of my local CPS. I was the preferred to a particular provider. During the first 6 months of the case I was pro-se (?) and filing as low income. I was found guilty of Contempt of Court for "woefully inadequate answers" to the first interrogatories and was sentenced to 30 days in jail and pay the other attorney fees. The contempt came about because the other attorney presented me (and the court) with a very specific and detailed request for discovery that unfortunately was for another client and case. The names of the children, case number and names of parties were not for my case. These pertained to a business. When I pointed out in court that I could not comply due to this I was told to mark out the other names and just write in mine and the correct child. But they were still asking for answers to business related questions. The result..Contempt of Court. Are there any local rules governing the proper filing of documents or descriptions of what is not allowed, even by an attorney? If so how and where can I get this information? The case is over right now but I would like to understand what happened. I walked in the courtroom and was told I had been sentenced to 30 days while not being allowed in the court room so I don't know what went on at that hearing.

Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
Both the Ohio Rules of Court and the Ohio Revised Code are available on the Ohio State Supreme Court web site. The local rules of court are usually available on the web site of the court you appeared before.