Where can I find a lawyer for a domestic violence case in California? 4 Answers as of December 02, 2010

My public defender is awful. Where can I find a pro bono lawyer for a domestic violence case?

You will not. Pro bono is done by the Public Defender, paid for with our tax dollars for that purpose. You can politely request of the PD office a new assigned PD. Do not hold your breath in expectation, but explain why. If your bitch is that the PD is not providing you the personal attention a private attorney would, understand he has dozens of cases on calendar each day. You get what you pay for.
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Generally, you will not find criminal defense attorneys who do pro bono cases since there are public defenders.
Unfortunately, no lawyer (except the PD) is likely to represent you pro bono. But, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for (and what you do not pay for).