When will my fiance get her oath ceremony letter? 8 Answers as of January 03, 2011

My fiance is Mexican who is a green card holder, she made her U.S Citizenship test and passed it during August. She is still waiting for her Oath ceremony letter, when will she get it and make the Oath ceremony?

Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
There is something wrong with this long delay. You can check with USCIS or have an attorney check for you.
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC | Kirk A. Carter
It is somewhat unusual for someone who was approved for naturalization not to get their oath ceremony letter either the day of their interview or shortly thereafter. Four months have now passed leading me to believe that perhaps she passed the test, but that she was not recommended for approval and that her case is pending administrative review. This could be because of a background check, because of the need to review another file that relates to her, or for a variety of other reasons. I recommend that you go on-line and visit the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov and make an infopass appointment. You can then inquire directly at an appointed time at USCIS about the status of this application. They should be able to tell you what the hold up is and hopefully give you some time frame for resolution. If not, I recommend that you contact a qualified immigration attorney for assistance to see if they can get to the bottom of the situation.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
Please contact your local USCIS office and ask about the delay.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
Depending on where this took place, she should have gotten it already. I suggest scheduling an INFOPASS appointment at the local district office to find out what the hold up is. There is a link to INFOPASS on the main USCIS website. www.uscis.gov.
If she will not, she would have received a letter to say so. Do not worry.
    Pauly P.A.
    Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
    It seems to me that too much time has passed since your fiancee's interview and she should follow up by either calling the National Customer Service Center or by making an Infopass appointment to make sure that she did not miss her appointment.
    How long it takes to receive an oath ceremony after passing your naturalization interview depends on what USCIS she was interviewed. Different USCIS offices take longer than others. However, more than 4 months to receive an oath ceremony seems to be longer than normal. I recommend that she does an INFOPASS appointment to follow up on the status of her case. She can make an INFOPASS by going to the USCIS website at USCIS.gov and following the instructions.
    Usually these are scheduled within 30-45 days after a successful interview so you may want to do a follow up inquiry with the Office where you interviewed or even the 800#.