When will I receive my call for an interview if my F$ visa has been approved in 2010? 8 Answers as of April 17, 2013

I’m from Bangladesh. My F4 case was approved last January 2010. My priority date is in April 2005. My case is pending at the National Visa Center. When will I receive my call for an interview? I have been waiting for 8 years. How much longer do I still need to wait?

Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
Your visa is in the 4th family preference category [sibling of a US citizen]. Although, your petition may have been approved in 2010, a visa is not currently available if your priority date is Apr. 2005. In the F4 category, petitions for which visas are now current were filed Mar. 2006. Yours was filed Apr. 2005 and so, it seems you have to wait a little while longer before your visa becomes current.
You need to check the monthly visa bulletin that is published by the US Dept of State to see when the priority date for your preference category becomes current. Only then will you be called in for an interview.
Immigration Law Offices, LLP
Immigration Law Offices, LLP | Fakhrudeen Hussain
Right now the visa in your category is current for people who applied before May 2001. If your priority date is 04/2005, at minimum it will take another 4 years.
Vladimir Parizher
Vladimir Parizher | Vladimir Parizher
According to May 2013 Visa Bulletin and your Family-sponsored F4 case: the current priority date is May 1, 2001. Your petition was approved in January 2010. That means you might have to wait for approximately nine years. Keep in mind that those priority dates are changing and they may shorten with the time. Keep your eye on the Bulletin. It is published on the USCIS web site.
Hylton Adamson Watson, PLLC
Hylton Adamson Watson, PLLC | Sasha A Watson
The approval of your I-130 Petition for Alien Relative does not mean that a visa number has become available in your category. In order for the National Visa Center to begin processing your application and schedule you for an interview a visa number must be available. According to your inquiry, you are in the F-4 Family Sponsored Category (Brothers & Sisters of US Citizens). Per the May 2013 visa bulletin, visa numbers are currently available for applications with priority dates on or before May 1, 2001. Based on your priority date of April 2005 you have approximately 4 years (give or take a couple months) before a visa number will become available to persons in your category. Once your visa number becomes available the National Visa Center will contact you for further processing of your application which will include payment of the visa processing and support fees and submission of additional applications and documents. Once that is complete an interview will be scheduled.
    Ben T. Liu Law Office
    Ben T. Liu Law Office | Ben T. Liu
    The current date is 05/01/2001. ?You still have several years to wait.
    Alena Shautsova
    Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
    Check visa bulletin for current priority dates.
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    You have approximately another 4 years to wait. According to the visa bulletin, the current priority date is May 1, 2001. http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html.