When will I get my green card? 5 Answers as of August 10, 2011

My husband filed for my and my baby boys immigration case and the status of the case is IR1. I want to ask that when will I get my green card? Will I get it on entering USA and living there for some time or will i get the green card at the airport?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
You will be processed at the airport and will receive you card soon thereafter.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/10/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
After you enter the U.S. and advise them of your address, the CBP officer will collect the packets you got at the consulate and mail these to USCIS. Shortly thereafter you will each receive a Welcome Notice and your PR cards will be mailed to you. The Social Security numbers have already been requested if the paperwork was completed properly; but it doesn't hurt to check on this after you arrive. Note the validity date on the Immigrant Visas and make sure you enter the U.S. before that date.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/9/2011
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
You will get the greencard in the mail after a few weeks of entry, but you will be a greencard holder (Lawful Permanent Resident) at the time of entry into the U.S. and receive a stamp in your passport that says so.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 8/9/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
Usually your passport is stamped on entry as and IR-1. Your permanent resident card should follow in the mail within 30 days.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/8/2011
The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC
The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC | Scott D. Mills
I was saying that I did not get a client contact from the number listed on the invoice.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 8/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: