When they find out I wasn’t allowed to drive they charged me, are they allowed to to that after not doing anything? 7 Answers as of April 15, 2013

I know I’m not allowed to drive for 2 years but I drove once because it was an emergency. The cops saw me driving but didn't know about it and didn't not do anything about it.

There is no emergency that allows you to drive, when you are not allowed to drive.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Anyone might be charged with a crime. Once probable cause to charge for an offense exists, then it continues to exist forever. However the statute of limitations would likely be two years. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
I understand that you are not charged with anything. If so count your blessings.
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber | Marshall Tauber
The short answer is yes. If they observed you violating the Michigan Traffic Code and later filed a complaint for charges that apply. They are not required to stop you for this kind of violation.
Conway Law Pllc.
Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway