When they count your income do they count after expenses, mileage, business expenses and all that? 12 Answers as of September 05, 2013

We may have to do a bankruptcy being my husband was hospitalized for a long period of time. He has no job but I make quite a lot and get 1099s. My income would be way under $65.000 after expenses is deducted.

Law Office of Thomas C. Phipps | Thomas C Phipps
You will have to document your expenses in order to deduct them from your gross income.
Colorado Legal Solutions
Colorado Legal Solutions | Stephen Harkess
You need to consult with an experienced attorney. Some of the expenses can be deducted. It is likely that some cannot.
The "means tests" is a tricky thing. You should have a lawyer do this (one who knows what he or she is doing). There are deductions, and some are not so obvious.
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
You list your gross income on Part II and expenses on Part III.
Goldsmith & Guymon | Marjorie Guymon
The income for the means test is based on gross income; however, you are allowed to deduct items from that amount in determining eligibility. I highly recommend you retain an attorney to help you do this analysis as it is a bit complex.
    Rosenberg & Press
    Rosenberg & Press | Max L. Rosenberg
    If you are talking about the Chapter 7 Means test, there are offsets and exemptions that an experienced bankruptcy attorney knows how to employ, however the trustee is looking at your gross annual income over the last six months. There is much more to it than that, but you will need an experienced bankruptcy attorney to handle this matter.