When should I try to change my B2 visa to an F2 visa? 2 Answers as of February 22, 2011

I am in USA on B2 visa, my girlfriend is in USA on F1 visa. We just arrived. We plan to get married and ask to change B2 to F2 for me. Is it better to marry now and ask for F2 after two months OR to wait two months and then marry and ask for F2 then? Please advice.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
You can marry whenever you want. A quick marriage though may result in questions as to whether you intended to get married when you came on your B-2 and a B-2 must intend to return to their home country (as must the F-2).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/22/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
There will be no difference.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: