When my mom's boyfriend gets mad, he unplugs the dryer, microwave and turns the AC up to 85 when he is not here, is that illegal? 5 Answers as of November 07, 2017

Is this considered child abuse?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
It might be considered neglect, not abuse, but your mother permitting it to happen might also have neglect problems as the things he makes difficult to use are, in today's society, fairly necessary for all household members, including especially children.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 11/7/2017
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/15/2017
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
It is abusive and therefore a form of abuse. Is it child abuse? Probably not. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 10/12/2017
Kiske Law Office, LLC | Anne Kiske
There are different avenues ones can take if they are living in an abusive household. Generally, a person commits the crime of abuse of a child if such person: (1) Knowingly inflicts cruel and inhuman punishment upon a child less than seventeen years old; or (2) Photographs or films a child less than eighteen years old engaging in a prohibited sexual act or in the simulation of such an act or who causes or knowingly permits a child to engage in a prohibited sexual act or in the simulation of such an act for the purpose of photographing or filming the act. If this abuse is occurring you need to call the police. Also, please see this link for the Department of Social Services and the hotline numbers to call. https://dss.mo.gov/cd/can.htm
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 10/12/2017
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
Report him to Child Protective Services and have a talk with your mother, if you are 16 yrs old you could ask the court to emancipate yourself if you have another relative you could live with.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 10/11/2017
Click to View More Answers: