When my baby is born can my baby and I be forced to give DNA? 10 Answers as of April 23, 2013

Is it against the rights of privacy? I am 15 and pregnant. My mom is trying to accuse this guy of being my baby's father even though I told the police I never had sexual relations with this man.

When the baby is born blood will be drawn. There will be blood everywhere, which can be tested.
Depending on the circumstances and facts of your problem, a Judge can order that you and your baby submit to a DNA test which consists of swabbing the inside of your and your baby's cheek.
the very fact that you are 15 and pregnant is proof that a crime was committed. The only question is who.
Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
If a paternity action is filed in court and the court orders DNA testing, then yes.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    You are a minor, and you mom has the authority to require you and your baby to provide DNA samples. If this man was not the father of your baby, then this should not bother you-in fact, you should welcome the opportunity to prove that he was not the father. That would show that your mom is wrong. You have no legitimate privacy interest to prevent your mom from requiring you to provide DNA samples. After all, whoever turns out to be the father has an obligation to provide child support, and it is important for both you and the baby to obtain child support from the father.
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
    If you didn't have sex with him, then what is there to worry about? You cannot be compelled to give a DNA sample without a warrant.
    As part of their investigation, the police can draw DNA from you and the child, to determine the paternity of this child. You were definitely underage, and the subject of a statutory rape. If the male you are referring to had no intercourse with you, then he has nothing to worry about.
    It is possible for a DNA test to be ordered and, at least in Michigan, the father can be charged with statutory rape because you were under 16 when you were having sex with him.
    Elmbrook Law Offices
    Elmbrook Law Offices | Gregory Straub
    Yes, because you are not married and because of your age, there can be a requirement for a DNA sample from you and the baby to determine the paternity of the newborn child. Your statement to the police regarding sexual relations will not limit the DNA sampling.