When is it too late to stop divorce proceedings? 1 Answers as of May 18, 2011

We filed for divorce at the beginning of January (Harris County, TX) and at the end of the 60-day "cool-off" period decided that we were still going to go through with the procedure. I had my papers signed and notarized but they were never turned in; hers were. We have reconciled and both want to end the divorce proceedings if possible. If I haven't turned in my notarized papers can we still stop the divorce? Neither of us is sure if anything has been finalized yet.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Yes, you can still stop the proceedings. On a piece of paper, put the number and caption at the top so the court knows what case is being non-suited. Call the document in the title location Notice of Non-suit. Write the following and sign it - both of you need to sign one of these and both need to be filed with the Court.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: