When is it legal to evict a tenant? 11 Answers as of August 17, 2011

My tenant has been nothing but disrespectful to me ever since they got the apartment. I want to know if I have any legal grounds to force them to leave. They are late on rent payments and disrupt the community. I get a lot of noise complaints from neighbors.

Raxter Law
Raxter Law | Jeremiah Raxter
The lease agreement would need to be reviewed. This situation contains many factors, and it appears your best solution is to speak with an attorney who practices Landlord/Tenant law.
Advanced Litigation Services
Advanced Litigation Services | Joseph Iarussi
If they are in violation of the lease then you can give them a Notice to vacate. And file for an eviction.
The Law Offices of Robert W. Bellamy
The Law Offices of Robert W. Bellamy | Robert W. Bellamy
In Landlord-Tenant issues, the rent or lease agreement should be reviewed, as it should dictate the causes for eviction. If no written agreement exists or the lease/rent agreement would be considered void for an egregious reason, then Alabama Code,Title 35: Property - Chapter 9A - Uniform ResidentialLandlordandTenantAct will control the matter. Notice is the key issue. Self help (putting them out on the street without due course through the courts) will only bring the landlord grief. You need to contact a licensed attorney.
Start by reading your lease. If that doesn't help then you might have to wait until their term is up. If it's month to month, you only have to give them one month's notice to leave.
Law Office of Kathryn L. Hudson
Law Office of Kathryn L. Hudson | Kathryn L. Hudson
Here is the link to the Arkansas Attorney General website on landlord/tenant law. A landlord can generally evict a tenant for any reason with a 30 notice. Refer to the website and I highly recommend you use an attorney to handle the situation.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
    Frances R. Johnson
    Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
    If what your tenant is doing qualify as a breach of the lease as should be spelled out in the contract between you and your tenant, that document controls whether or not you can seek to terminate the lease and ultimately file a lawsuit for eviction.
    Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq.
    Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq. | Jeffrey Lawrence Pollock
    A Landlord may file a Complaint for Possession/Eviction if and when the Tenant breaches the lease by non-payment or by violating the terms of the lease (e.g., selling drugs on the premises, destroying property, etc.)
    Law Offices of Timothy G. Kearney, LLC
    Law Offices of Timothy G. Kearney, LLC | Timothy G. Kearney
    Talk with an attorney - you probably have grounds but you need to understand what your options are.