When I turn myself in for a bench warrant, how soon is the warrant removed? 9 Answers as of October 18, 2012

I have an active warrant for my arrest for missing a court date for retail fraud from 8 years ago. I'm meeting with my lawyer today and I also had a job interview for a bank today. I know they will run a background check and see an active warrant. Am I able to ask the judge or whoever to remove the warrant? When will it actually be gone in the event that the bank wants to hire me? Should I just assume I cannot get the job?

Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
Once you are arrested on the warrant, you will be arrested when you turn yourself in, the arresting agency will remove the warrant from lien. However, the fact you have been arrested will become part of your record.
Once you see the judge, the judge should tell his staff to remove the warrant from lien.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
If you surrender yourself the warrant will be withdrawn but the open case will still appear on the computer and hurt your chances of getting a job. You should retain a good lawyer to try to get the case dismissed based on the statute of limitations. After 7 years most cases are dismissed since the prosecutor cannot show that he used due diligence to locate you.
Ask what judge? You intend to appear in court, and ask the judge to remove the warrant? The judge will gladly agree. You will be taken into custody, and the warrant will be cleared, while you sit in jail. The warrant will be gone two seconds after you are taken into custody. However, you may not be able to make the job, because you are in custody. YES, you should assume that until you get your sh#t together, you will be shut out of good jobs.
Once you appear in court, the warrant is removed within a few days.
    You should ask your attorney. The fact of the warrant will always be there. If the court agrees to quash the warrant, that is immediate. The court will give you a copy of the quash order to carry with you for a time just to be sure.
    Elmbrook Law Offices
    Elmbrook Law Offices | Gregory Straub
    In most cases the bench warrant issued for failure to appear will be released upon your appearance before the Court. As long as the only warrant stems from your failure to appear.
    You should hire a lawyer, who can go to court without you to recall the warrant. That's a lot less risky than you showing up yourself and being taken into custody.
    Law Office of James A Schoenberger
    Law Office of James A Schoenberger | James A Schoenberger
    You need to schedule a quash hearing for the warrant. It is quashed immediately and conditions of release (bail.bond) are set as well as court dates.