When do you know if an Illegal Search & Seizure of paraphernalia was conducted? Posted on July 05, 2011

On the 23rd of June 2011, I was involved in an accident where I ran into the back of another vehicle. My license was supposed to be reinstated on the 19th, but due to All State sending incorrect forms, my license was still suspended without my knowledge. The force of the accident left me dazed due to the fact that my air bag did not deploy (passenger side did, though). Due to this, he had me do a sobriety test, and I passed. While this was occurring several officers began to search my car without permission and found an old marijuana pipe. Would this not be considered illegal search and seizure? I gave them no consent to search my vehicle, nor did they ask. On the 24th the BMV informed me my insurance company sent in the wrong form, thus the continued suspension. What should I do?