When do I know if I was charged with a DUI? 9 Answers as of August 27, 2015

Two weeks ago, I was arrested for a DUI. When do I find out what my official charge is? Do the have a certain time they have to charge me by?

Your official charge is DUI, what else do you need to know.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
In Florida the States Attorney has two years to file a formal charge.
If you were charged with a DUI, you should have received a citation or notice to appear in court. The date showing on the citation is the date when you should appear in court. At that time you will know exactly what you are being charged with.
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
Usually you receive paper work in the mail called a summons and complaint. Call an attorney as soon as you get charged.
You should engage an attorney both for your defense and to assist you in finding out what your current status is. It is not unusual for there to be a delay between the time of the arrest and charging as the matter is commonly referred to in the prosecutor for that determination. Do not speak to the police or any authorities without at least being counseled by an attorney, or more preferably with an attorney present.
    They have up to 2 years to charge you. It never goes that long; however, I have had cases where several months have passed before a case was filed.
    You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
    This sounds odd. They arrested you, but have not given you a citation or a criminal complaint? Not the way it's done in the places where I have practised law. Why not call the prosecutor and ask if they have drafted a complaint, and to be sure to provide you with a copy? Or if that idea fazes you, you might call the Clerk of Courts for the County in which you were arrested, and ask for a copy of the complaint.
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    If you got a citation (ticket) it has a date to appear at court on it. That's when you'll know. If the cop took your license, you need to call the local dmv driver safety office within 10 days or your license will be suspended.