When can my husband apply for US citizenship? 1 Answers as of October 01, 2014

My husband is facing a felony DUI, which will probably be dropped. He is on probation for his 2nd DUI. His probation started April 2013 and is 5 years. We got married in July 2013 and I am a US citizen. When can he apply for citizenship if his felony charge is dropped?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
I think you should get him into a heavy duty alcohol program or you can kiss his citizenship goodbye. Then after he quits the booze and finishes his probation, you may be able to get the first drunk expunged and maybe, just maybe, he will be able to get his citizenship. In the meantime, do not let him near a car.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/1/2014
Click to View More Answers: