When can I upgrade my status for my citizenship? 6 Answers as of July 29, 2011

Should I file for I-129 or should I wait for I-130 to be approved? I filed for I -130 for my wife in January 2011 when I was still a LPR, I am now a US Citizen. Should I wait for I-130 to be approved or should I just upgrade my status and apply for K3(1-129). What is the process in status upgrade. I just want the fastest way to bring my wife. If I wait for I-130 to be approved and processed will it take longer for for my to come? Thanks everyone.

Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
Hello, The upgrading process depends on what service center the I-130 is processing. The safest thing to do is send a copy of the Certificate and a copy of your I-130 receipt with a letter requesting the upgrade. Most K3s are processing the same time as I-130s right now and they will not process a K3 if the I-130 is approved at the same time. Double check your Service Center's processing time and if they are the same, don't bother doing a K3.
You should upgrade the I-130. I-129 was designed to expedite the process at a time that I-130s would take years. But now they are processed quickly and there is no need for I-129.
For the K-3 visa, you only need to show you are a US citizen and that you filed the I-130. So you can file the I-129F now to get the K-3 approved.
Hans Burgos, P.A., Immigration Law Offices
Hans Burgos, P.A., Immigration Law Offices | Hans Burgos
You should upgrade the Petition for Relative (Form I-130) now that you are a US citizen. And then file an Application for a Non-immigrant Visa (Form I-129) requesting a K-3 visa on behalf of your wife.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
Your questions makes no sense. You are confusing terms and forms. You need to speak with a lawyer.
    The Law Office of Khoa D Bui
    The Law Office of Khoa D Bui | Khoa D Bui
    The "upgrade" is normally done automatically by the USCIS on your becoming a citizen. You may also request for immediate upgrade by writing to the USCIS, along with your certificate of naturalization or passport and the notice of approval of your petition.