When can I file for a summary dissolution? 8 Answers as of June 08, 2015

Can I file for a summary dissolution? We were married for more than 5 years but we were separated for all of that time from about 6 months before the 5 years. We do not have kids and we did not have property. I would like to use the summary dissolution because it will cost less. Is this something I can do?

Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
If both parties agree and there are no children and no real estate you may file for an Uncontested Dissolution of Marriage.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
Florida doesn't have a "summary dissolution". There is a "simplified dissolution" which you can use if you have no children and no real estate AND you're both in agreement with everything, as you both have to sign the papers. If you are unsure how to proceed, you should hire an attorney to assist you in the process.
You have reached the Wisconsin law corner of this site. Summary dissolution is not used in this state. I suggest you contact a lawyer in the state where you live. Good Luck.
GordenLaw, LLC
GordenLaw, LLC | Vanessa J. Gorden
You cannot use summary judgment in divorce actions in Nebraska. You must complete the divorce process. If you don't have debts and assets or children together, no real property, and you've divided your personal belongings, you may want to consider a limited representation to keep your costs down.
Go to your local County Clerks office and acquire a information packet and pleadings concerning a summary divorce. Please also check in your jurisdiction to see if they have clinics to assist you on the paperwork.