When can I file for citizenship? 2 Answers as of April 12, 2011

I am a conditional green card holder from June 2009. When I can file for US citizenship?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
If you are still married to your USC spouse, then 2 years and nine months after obtaining your residency. That includes the two year conditional time period. Otherwise you must wait 4 years and nine months.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/12/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
First, if you have a Conditional Green card issued in June 2009, then it will expired in June 2011. You must file your I-751 (Petition to Remove Conditional Status) before your current card expires. As to filing for Naturalization, if your I-751 is pending or approved, and you are married to the US Citizen petitioner, you can file in March 2012 (specifically 90 days before the 3 years anniversary of being granted your CR or LPR status).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/12/2011
Click to View More Answers: