When can I expect my social security number and my working permit? 3 Answers as of October 01, 2014

My sister is a US citizen. She filled the form I-130 for me and I also live in the United States.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
If you are here illegally, or even on a tourist visa, I doubt that you will get them.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/30/2014
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
Getting either of those things based on that I-130 can easily take 10+ years.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 10/1/2014
Perez-Jenkins Law, LLC | Patricia Perez-Jenkins
Sibling petitions take a long time to process and until you are a Lawful Permanent Resident you will not be eligible for a Social Security number or a work permit. You will want to periodically check this website to see how long of a wait you have. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html They are currently working on cases filed in 2002 for India, China and all other countries. Mexico is at 1997 and the Philippines at 1991.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 9/30/2014
Click to View More Answers: