When can I continue with my citizenship? 4 Answers as of September 11, 2010

I applied for my Citizenship back in August of 2007. I am a permanent resident. I was just recently put on probation stemming from a DUI. Do I have to wait to continue the citizenship process?

The short answer is, you have already made the application. I am surprised that you have a pending application that has lasted for three years, for citizenship applications are normally completed within a year. How long was your probation? Usually a DUI will not count against you in a citizenship application, especially if rehabilitation is proved. Call or e-mail if you wish to discuss it further.
You have to wait until your probation period is over in order to reapply.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
USCIS policy states that no citizenship application will be approved when the applicant is still on probation. Therefore, if you are called for an interview on the citizenship case and the officer realizes that you are currently on probation, your citizenship application will be denied.

Having said that, if you filed in 2007 and have not gotten a decision, your case is definitely outside normal processing time.