When can I apply for US citizenship if I applied for a reentry permit? 1 Answers as of June 15, 2011

I am a green card holder since April 2005. I stayed until march 2007 before I decided to applied for reentry permit to study out of the country for 2007 t0 2009, I go back to US 2009 until present when can I apply for US citizenship, is my 2005 until 2007 stayed here in US will be counted for the 5 years requirements for the application of US citizenship?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
You must have "continuous" residency for 5 years to become a U.S. Citizen. That means that any exit from the U.S. Longer than 6 months breaks continuity. Start counting 5 years from the time you returned from the last trip that lasted more than 6 months.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: