When can I apply for naturalization? 4 Answers as of September 11, 2010

I have my own green card from 2005 and was married in 2009. My husband is a US citizen and is in the military. When is the earliest that I will be able to apply for naturalization?

You can apply within 90 days of the 5 year anniversary of the grant of your green card status. So, depending on when in 2005 you got it, you should be able to apply in 2010. Please give me some additional information regarding the date of the grant of your green card status and I will be able to advise further.
Normally, if you had obtained the green card through your husband, then as the wife of an American soldier, you would be eligible for citizenship within just a year. If you were a green card holder through your husband, you would have been eligible already (2 years with conditional residency + 3 years as a permanent resident before eligibility for citizenship). But you obtained the green card on your own (which I don't understand how that occurred you had to have some sponsoring petitioner on your behalf, whether employer or family.), therefore you had to wait 5 years. However, the good news is that you appear to be eligible now, based upon what you have said.

If you want to pursue an application for citizenship, I would be happy to be of help. Please give me a call or e-mail me, and I'll call back to set up an appointment. I appreciate your interest.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You are eligible to apply for naturalization now. This assumes the
following

1. You have not left the US for more than 1 year in the last 5 years.

2. You do not have a criminal conviction (if you do you must get your court
documents and speak to an attorney)

3. You do not have problem with the IRS (filed tax return, does not owe tax)

4. You do not owe child or spousal support

5. You did not obtain your green card by fraud.