When can file for my citizenship? 7 Answers as of August 20, 2013

I am making plans to travel out of the country by December and I have been in the US from 11/15/2008. So when can I file and how long does it take? I will be here for 5 years by 11/15/2013 this year.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Sylvia Ontaneda-Bernales | Sylvia Ontaneda-Bernales
If you have fulfilled the presence and residence requirements, have lived in your district for at least 3 months, and can prove you have good moral character, you can apply 90 days before the anniversary of your 5th year, or anytime after the anniversary. The whole naturalization process can take up to 15 months. Applying is not necessarily simple, so it is best to have the assistance of a competent immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 8/20/2013
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
You can file any time after 11/15/13. The process is currently taking approximately 6 to 9 months, although I have seen interviews in as little as 3 months from the time of the filing.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/16/2013
Law Offices of N.J. SAEH PC | Noel J. Saleh
USCIS regulations allow you to file 90 days prior to your 5th anniversary. You can/should file as soon as possible.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/15/2013
Walker & Ungo Law Firm
Walker & Ungo Law Firm | Gabriela Ungo
You can file 90 days before 11/15/13, or as of today :) N-400s are being processed fairly quickly but it depends on the jurisdiction. We have had interviews 2-3 months after filing applications for our clients.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 8/15/2013
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
The earliest that you can apply is 90 days before the 5th anniversary of your permanent residency. Thus, you can submit your application by August 18, 2013. It's currently taking USCIS about 4-6 months to process your application before you will be called in for an interview.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/15/2013
    Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
    Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
    You can apply after you have been a lawful permanent resident for 4 years and 9 months assuming you are otherwise eligible.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 8/15/2013
    Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
    If you received your lawful permanent resident status on 11/15/08, you can file the N-400 petition for naturalization after 08/15/2013.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado
    Replied: 8/15/2013
Click to View More Answers: