When are police allowed to trespass on private property? 6 Answers as of January 10, 2014

Police came on my private property, they were not called. He got out of his car and my dogs came out to see who it was. They were not threatening just wanted to see who was in their yard. He pulled a taser on them. Then proceeded to scream at my son who was home at the time. Later I found out that they have been parked on my property two other occasions in the past 3 weeks just sitting there. We live at the end of a street with no outlet. Is this legal? They are telling me they can come on my property at any time.

O'Leary Associates, P.A.
O'Leary Associates, P.A. | John A. O'Leary
Report this incident to the Chief of police.
Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
The police have no absolute right to continue to trespass on private property; they must have probable cause to enter or get a call to respond to your property. In the future if you see them there take a photo and kindly request them to leave your property.
That is not true. They can come onto your property with a warrant or when they are in hot pursuit of a fleeing criminal. They can enter to try and talk to you but can't just treat the property as their own.
See an attorney with details, they, and anyone else, need permission to be on your property.
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
You should contact a criminal defense or civil rights attorney in your area and schedule a meeting to discuss your rights and see what can be done. Far more information is needed to give you a clear response.
    Law Offices of Eric J. Bell | Eric J. Bell
    The police cannot come on your property anytime. They either need a warrant or some other exception has to apply.