When an assault case has been sent to court, what will the Judge say about the complaint? 2 Answers as of January 18, 2011

When an assault case has been sent to court, what will the Judge say about the complaint?

Law Office of Aaron Nielson
Law Office of Aaron Nielson | Aaron Nielson
Getting to the judge is a bit further down the process. In most cases the police first fill out the report, then a prosecutor reviews the report to see if charges should be filed. If charges are filed then you are brought to court. If you plead guilty the judge can sentence you. If you plead not guilty (which I would recommend until you've had a chance for an attorney to review your case) then the matter is set for your attorney and the prosecutor to discuss the matter. Your attorney should be looking to make sure a crime was really committed and that the state has the right evidence to prove that. If there are issues your attorney can challenge the case. Even if there are no issues an attorney can still try to negotiate the case for you.

Criminal matters are almost always serious and have unseen problems that an untrained person probably won't see. Call for some help.
I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you tell me more about the situation? Generally in Washington, a police officer makes a report or files a citation. From there, the judge decides if there is probable cause to support the charge. Generally the report goes first to the prosecutor and the prosecutor decides whether to pursue charges. After the judge finds probable cause, you will be put on a track to go to trial. If you resolve your case by plea, the trial is canceled. If not, trial must take place within 90 days of your arraignment if you're out of custody or 60 days if you are in jail. Please feel free to contact me should you need further assistance.