What’s the easiest fastest way to get a divorce? 3 Answers as of June 11, 2013

My husband and I were married a month before he cheated on me. I don't have proof of it but he did admit to it. I left as soon as I found out and moved to Florida. He lives in Arkansas. I also just found out I am 13 weeks pregnant. He also says over the phone that he doesn't want this child and doesn't believe it’s his anyway then turns around a week later and texts me about wanting to be in the baby's life. I don't know what to do about any of this. I just want this whole thing over with. We got married 03/23/2013 and have been separated since 04/22/2013.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Anteski Law Firm | June Anteski
You file for divorce in the county where you live. If he files in Arkansas, because you are pregnant, he can file for a divorce or a legal separation which is called a divorce from bed and board. It is likely the Arkansas Court will not let you get divorced until after your child is born. He has the right to ask for a paternity test as well.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
Replied: 6/11/2013
Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
You have to reside in FL for six months before you can file your case in FL.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/11/2013
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
There is no quick and easy way to get divorced under these circumstances. Typically, an uncontested divorce is filed when the parties have agreed upon the resolution of each and every issue between them. You can call many attorneys for a free consultation, and the biggest issue is that he is not a resident of Florida and that the divorce might have to be brought in Arkansas. You cannot waive child support from him, it is not your right but the child's right to be supported by his or her parents. You just want it over with, but it will probably cost many thousands of dollars to get divorced. The Florida court does have jurisdiction over your marriage but you must be a continuous resident for 6 months prior to filing the divorce. The fact that you are pregnant brings about many more issues.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/10/2013
Click to View More Answers: