What would the total settlement be if I was to settle my claim? 15 Answers as of April 17, 2013

I injured my knee last year, on a slippery floor mat. I have been seen by several doctors and an MRI has been recommended by all of the doctors that has seen me including the state doctor. My knee is still swollen and it bulks and pops all the time. I do have a lawyer. I’m receiving bi-weekly payments but I am behind on most all of my bills.

Workers compensation pays wages while you are incapable of working, together with all accident-related medical bills. If you will likely need future medical, make sure that you protect yourself in that case.
You do not give enough facts for me to guess. Also, it seems premature to guess since you obviously have not reached maximum medical improvement.
Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
Settlement amounts in ohio are based on lost wages, medical bills, future lost wages and sometimes pain and suffering.
Gary L. Platt, Attorney at Law | Gary Platt
If you have a lawyer, he/she should be able to answer your questions in this area. He/she is likely to have enough information to give you some answers, or be in a position to get the facts needed to give you the answers.
You have several ideas mixed up like a tossed salad. Is this a worker comp case? if it is and you are receiving benefits you will be compensated when the dr releases you if this is a liability case I would not expect you to be receiving benefits until settlement date. And whether you can pay your bills is irrelevant to the whole thing. If you need an MRI why has it not been done? Why would you consider a settlement when something that important is up in the air? Does not make sense.
    Gregory M Janks, PC
    Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
    Your question should be directed to your retained counsel. Further, there is no formula in re: what a particular case is worth by way of settlement. As I've mentioned in multiple prior posts hereon (perhaps you can search for same?), there are multiple factors that go into analyzing a claim/case, which is why no one can say any particular fact situation is worth "x" dollars.
    You mention that you have a lawyer, that's who you should ask.
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    We cannot advise you while you are represented by another Attorney. If you are unhappy with your Attorney, you have the right to your file which you can take elsewhere.
    Lewis B. Kaplan | Lewis B. Kaplan
    If you have a lawyer who is or at least should be familiar with ALL aspects of your claim you should be asking him this question.
    It sounds like you have a comp injury. In Alabama, if the Dr. assigns you a permanent impairment rating, you will be entitled to get that percentage rate times 200 weeks times your comp rate. Good luck.
    It is unclear why you have not undertaken a MRI. You should retain an attorney to handle your case. Failing timely treatment can hurt your chance of full recovery. In addition, you are prolonging when you can return to work and, your ability to pay your cridtors.
    The Law Firm of Shawn M. Murray
    The Law Firm of Shawn M. Murray | Shawn M. Murray
    Your attorney is who you need to discuss this with. He or she is in the best position to determine the settlement value of your claim.
    The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC
    The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC | Stephen R. Chesley
    There are too many factors that must be taken into consideration to determine what the value is of your case. One must know the full extent of your injury, treatment, and a more accurate account of the liability to determine value.
    Law Office of Malosack Berjis
    Law Office of Malosack Berjis | Malosack Berjis
    The total settlement amount, in just about every personal injury case (including yours), really depends on several factors, which include (but, are not limited to) the following: the nature, extent & severity of your knee injury; the amount of medical bills & lost wages you have incurred; your age; and, so on. Using such information, your lawyer should be able to give you some idea of what the total settlement amount would be if you were to settle your claim.