What would happen to my wife's immigration status after divorce? 6 Answers as of August 27, 2015

We filed for divorce in July and everything is pretty much settled. My wife tried to drag it to delay for green card purposes. I am curious what would happen to my ex-wife's immigration status once divorce is through? I understand I need to report to USCIS about change of circumstances and status. Would my green card case be affected?

On what basis is your green card filed? Employment-based? Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
If it was your ex-wife you obtained her "green card" and it was a Conditional Resident Card; she will have to file for a waiver of the Conditional Residence to make it a Permanent Resident. That form is an I-751 is filed 90 days from the two year anniversary she obtained her residence. The divorce will not bar her from getting this conditional residence waived, but she will again have to show still that the marriage was bona fide once she received her lawful residence.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
You do not give enough information to answer this question.
Immigration has become a highly specialized and complex area of law. You should consult an immigration lawyer. You can find one in the Yellow Pages or online (Try Avvo.com) or through the state bar lawyer referral service. Good Luck.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
This should be forwarded to an immigration lawyer.
    Baughman & Wang
    Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
    Your question is very confusing. Is it your immigration or your ex-wife's? What is the current status? I-751 pending? I-485 pending?