What would happen if I had no prior offenses but was trying to steal over $50,000 from my employer? 7 Answers as of June 12, 2015

I have no prior incidences but I was dumb and tried to steal $50,000 from my employer. I got caught, and now I have no idea what is supposed to happen to me.

If your employer decides to report this to the police, you will most likely be charged with embezzlement. It may be time for you to start looking for an attorney.
You can expect a up to 5 years in jail sentence, plus pay back employer for money taken.
Ksicinski
Ksicinski | Paul Ksicinski
you need to get a lawyer now before you get a criminal conviction and potentially prison time!
$50,000.00... .that's a felony. Consequences can be very serious... prison. However, without more, I can't say. You should retain the services of an attorney.
You re supposed to go to prison for a few years for attempted theft.
    You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
    Chambers Law Firm
    Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
    Even with no priors, given the amount of the theft, jail time is a distinct possibility. Contact an attorney to represent you.