What would be the total cost of a Chapter 7? 8 Answers as of July 14, 2017

.

It depends on how complex your situation is. A very simple Chapter 7 might be $1,500 including the filing fee and the online courses. A complex one can cost thousands.
Not everyone charges the same. I charge $1200. Plus the filing fee of $335.00. You also have to take two online courses which run about 15/10 if done with out a phone consultation.
For a standard chapter 7 we generally charge $1,250 in fees and the filing fee of $335.00.
Depends. Meet with a lawyer face to face. Any lawyer worth their salt will charge you a small fee for a consultation. Lawyers who get paid for their advice share tons more information with you. You get what you pay for in a "free" consultation.
It will depend on what you need to have done. If you are shopping for any attorney by price alone, you will be disappointed and find that you will get less than you pay. I recommend using online review sites like Avvo or Google to consider the merits of various attorneys. You are not buying a box of Tide where every box contains the same thing. If the cost is your primary concern, it may be that bankruptcy is not an appropriate solution to your perceived financial problem.
    OlsenDaines | Rex Daines
    Unless a case has unusual circumstances, a regular consumer chapter 7 will usually run about $1,500 for attorney fees, $335 for court costs and $50 for consumer counselling classes.
    Charles Schneider, P.C.
    Charles Schneider, P.C. | Charles J. Schneider
    There is no standard cost I have charged as little as $800 and as much as $10,000 without knowing your issues how could we judge the charge.
    All attorneys are different. $1,000-$2,000.00 dollars.