What would be a better course of action especially if we wish to marry in my home country and follow immediate immigration? 2 Answers as of September 23, 2014

I have a B2 visa that does not expire until 2024. USC fiancé and I plan to get married in my home country. I enter the US on B2 and then file for AOS and other paperwork as necessary. Will this be valid petition? How long my green card would be processed? Thank you for your assistance.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
This is not the way to do it because you may be prevented from entering the US on the b-2 visa if you are the spouse of a US citizen with intent to immigrate.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/23/2014
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
You cannot play that game. You must wait in your country.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/17/2014
Click to View More Answers: