What will my second charge be after driving without a license? 3 Answers as of April 01, 2011

I was caught driving without a license. The cop that pulled me over said I made an illegal u turn but that never happened. So I went to court 2 months ago. I got put on probation for 12 months. My mothers friend was sick and drunk at a club and had no ride. I drove the car right down the road almost 3 miles and a cop pulled me over he said I was speeding. But I was really truly going 45. He pulled me over because of my high beams, my regular lights dont work, I have to go to court for it so that will be my second charge?

A second driving on suspended license conviction within 5 years carries a mandatory minimum 10 days in jail, up to 12 months in jail, and a fine between $ 1000 and $ 2500. Therefore, if you want to avoid jail you need to hire an attorney. You should feel free to contact me.
Andrew R. Lynch, P.C.
Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. | Andrew R. Lynch
The statute requires a minimum of 10 days in jail and a minimum of a $1000.00 fine if you are convicted.
It is difficult to answer your question based on the limited information provided. However, because he potentially faces the same or similar charges in such a short period of time, I would urge him to hire a criminal lawyer ASAP, because the judge could want to get his attention! Good luck!