What will my charges be for a misdemenor of possession of marijuana in Michigan? 5 Answers as of May 12, 2011

I have a clean record. I was charged with possession of marijuana.

Thank you for your inquiry. By way of explanation, your charge is "possession of marijuana." The charges may be brought pursuant to State law or ordinance violation. Which law it is brought under is a matter of discretion of the police office, and depends on where the offense occurred. Since local ordinance law varies, the State law is here discussed. Possession of marijuana, a Schedule 1 controlled substance, is a 2-year offense. If a plea of attempt is offered, it cuts the maximum penalty in half and makes the offense a misdemeanor. Use of marijuana is (from memory, I believe) a 93-day misdemeanor. Possession will result in a driver license suspension. Use will not. If you never had an offense for possession previously, you may be eligible for MCL 333.7411 treatment. This would effectively keep the possession charge off your record and avoid any license sanctions. You should consult an attorney to discuss your options. If in Wayne Macomb or Oakland County, you may contact my office for an appointment. I hope that this was helpful.
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law | Jules Fiani
They will charge you with possession of marijuana. You need a lawyer. Visit my website for more information.
I'm not sure what you mean by "charges." However, possession of marijuana is a one year misdemeanor in Michigan. This means that the most you could face is one year in jail and/or a $2,000 fine or both. If you could convince the prosecutor to allow a plea to use of marijuana, that is a 90 day misdemeanor. If you have further questions, you can contact us.
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber | Marshall Tauber
The charge you were arrested for is the one, On a first offense you might avoid a record of conviction under section 7411 of the public health code.
It is a 93 day possible jail misdemeanor crime. As a first offender, you can certain brakes. Contact me to discuss.