What will most likely happen if I got charged with a felony for pills then also got charged with underage drinking? 2 Answers as of June 21, 2011

I am 15. I got charged with a felony for pills at school and then a couple months later I got charged with underage drinking. I haven't gone to court for either of them yet. Can you tell me if they will send me to juvenile detention? Or what will most likely happen? Should I get a lawyer?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
You definitely should retain a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. No one can predict what a court will do. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/21/2011
Harrison & Harrison
Harrison & Harrison | Samuel Harrison
Juvenile courts focus more on instruction and correction and less on outright punishment. Juvenile courts will appoint a lawyer if you or your parents can't afford one. The lawyers that work in the juvenile courts are very experienced with cases like yours. Where I work I would expect a case like yours to be resolved by having you evaluated to find out what needs to be done to get your substance abuse problems under control.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: