What will it cost me to get my misdemeanors expunged from my record? 8 Answers as of April 04, 2011

What is it going to cost me to get my misdemeanors expunged? I have several misdemeanors for theft that I want off my record.

Goodman, Dicus, and Teinert, LLP
Goodman, Dicus, and Teinert, LLP | Paul M. Teinert
You can have your misdemeanors expunged for $550.00 including all costs. Visit my website for more details. The offer also includes a money back guarantee.
The statute is Penal Code 1203.4. It provides for a fee that the DA /County may charge. ($150.00?) You can file for free (some counties try to charge a fee which is not legal). The forms are on line. If you have finished probation without a violation and paid your fines, there should not be a problem with the last case. All others are up to the court's discretion. A link for the forms is at my web site.
There are several ways to do it and it also depends on the county. I am not at liberty to quote fees on this site so you should call a qualified certified criminal law specialist for a private consultation.
One to two hours of attorney time, max, plus the court filing fee of around $125-150 each, depending upon county of conviction. I can do them throughout the state. It sounds like you may qualify. The rules for you: Many felony and misdemeanor convictions [and recently included are infractions] can sometimes be 'expunged' from criminal records by proper application and Petition to the court, and if all terms of sentencing and at least one year of probation are completed, and if there are no new charges pending. If successful, the conviction would be retroactively reduced to a misdemeanor, if necessary, and then withdrawn and the charges dismissed. Expungement does not 'remove' the conviction, but merely changes the record to show 'conviction reversed and dismissed by expungement'. When applying for a job in the private sector, you generally do not have to disclose a conviction if it was expunged. However, the conviction is still a 'prior' or 'strike' for purposes of repeat offense, and must be disclosed on any application for government and professional employment and licensing, bonding, security clearance, etc. The licensing agency and employer then can decide whether you are barred from licensing or employment because of the conviction. If youre serious about doing this, and you think you qualify under those rules, feel free to contact me for the legal help you'll need.
I charge $1500, which I think is fairly standard. I do them often. It's one flat fee no matter how many cases as long as it's only one motion. You can do this yourself by getting a packet from the clerk's office, but it's obviously better and safer to have an attorney help you.
    That will depend on the attorney you hire. shop around and pick the one you feel beat about.
    If you are talking about "several" misdemeanors, then an attorney would typically charge several thousand. Consult one today.
    The general filing fees per expungement is $120 in l.a. county. Attorney fees can vary. I generally charge $999 for an expungement for a misdemeanor.