What will I receive for grand larceny and identity theft? 4 Answers as of May 27, 2011

I was arrested for grand larceny in the fourth degree and identity theft. I never been arrested before and I'm about to finish college and have a three year old daughter. What's the most time or outcome can I receive?

The most time you can get on a misdemeanor is 1 year. However if you hire an attorney you probably can get a no jail promise plea bargain and be sentenced to fine, community service, depending on all the details.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
These are serious felony charges that can have a drastic impact on your life. You need representation. Call us toll free at 1-877-996-6849 for a free, no obligation phone consultation.
It is impossible to give you a firm answer because there are so many variables in such cases. How much was involved? What were the circumstances and lots more, including priors, etc. The best thing to do is hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer who practices in the courts in which you are charged and fight the matter strenuously. It's often amazing how a case can change when a strong defense is mounted against the charges. Good luck.
You could receive a sentence of 1 1/3 to 4 years in prison, or an alternate misdemeanor sentence of 1 year or less in a local jail, or straight probation with restitution. If it is your first offense you will almost always be placed on probation for 5 years on a felony plea and 1 year on a misdemeanor plea.