What will I get for a third offense shoplifting charge at same mall? 1 Answers as of February 21, 2013

MASSACHUSETTS: The total of what I had taken was $245. They had told me the 2nd time I got caught to not return to the mall for 2 years. It's been one year and 11 months. What do you think will happen? Will I need an attorney present?

DeVito & Visconti, PA
DeVito & Visconti, PA | John E DeVito
A third offense shoplifting in Massachusetts carries a fine of up to $500 and/ or imprisonment in jail for up to two years. Because the value of the goods exceeded $100 it is possible that the police will charge you with larceny as opposed to shoplifting. Larceny carries a fine of up to $1000 and/or up to 2 1/2 years in jail. Because there was a no trespass order in effect at the time of the third offense shoplifting it is likely that the police will further charge you with trespassing. Trespass carries a fine of $100 and up to 30 days in jail. You would be foolish to enter a courtroom without a lawyer in this matter.