What will happen with PCS for marijuana? 2 Answers as of May 03, 2011

I got a violation ticket for PCS less than 1 oz of marijuana while driving through Salem no DUI or driving citation . However I have 2 prior DUI's over 3 years ago and those cases are all closed and done but I am concerned about my license what can happen?

Harris Law Firm
Harris Law Firm | Jennifer C. Robins
Possession of less than one ounce of marijuana in Oregon is a violation, not a crime, meaning that you cannot serve any jail time. The fine is a minimum of $500 and a maximum of $1000. The court may also suspend your license for six (6) months. This is discretionary not mandatory, so if there is good cause why your license should not be suspended, the court does not have to do so. I would hazard a guess that most courts will look at your record of DUII and take that into consideration as an aggravating factor when determining whether to suspend your license.
Law Office of Jonathan T. Sarre
Law Office of Jonathan T. Sarre | Jonathan T. Sarre
Your prior DUIIs probably won't have a whole lot to do with this citation (although you are very close to a habitual offender revocation but you will need to commit a driving crime for that). You could get a six-month ODL suspension for the PCS.