What will happen with my immigration interview and application processing time? 3 Answers as of February 21, 2011

I have been an F-1 status since I came to the US with (B2) visitor visa and I had changed the status to F-1. Recently I got married to a US citizen in the US and filed the I-130 and I-485. Meanwhile I was taking off school but I have not finished the program yet because I tried to transfer to the other school and move to the other state because my husband has a new job over there. On other hand, he has an ex-wife in China had filed I-130 but not approved after a few years he got divorced on August 2010. In my case, what will the effect be regarding my interview and the processing time?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Without knowing where you are in the process it is hard to say the effect of the move on your processing time. Be sure to file an AR-11 and complete Step 2 for each and every pending application. USCIS posts the processing times for each district Office. If your case is not yet scheduled for an interview then moving should not delay the processing time unless you are moving to a slower district.

Make sure your husband has withdrawn his prior petition for his ex-wife in China.

If you would like a consultation on the facts of your specific case feel free to contact me as indicated below. I do charge for consultations but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for services after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/21/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
It sounds like the divorce and marriage with you may raise red flag. You will bear the burden to prove your case and basically your marriage is not false. It would be wise to hire an attorney. We speak Chinese for your convenience. You are more than welcome to contact us.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/2/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
If you filed and I-130 petition and I-485 application and have moved to another state you must notify the USCIS by filing an AR-11 (you can do it on-line by going to USCIS.gov) and also notify the USCIS office were your application is being processed. Your application will be then transferred to the USCIS office closest to where you moved. If you do not so, you risk not receiving notices from USCIS. Also, when you go to your interview and they learn you moved they will not be able to approve your case and will then have to transfer it to the new office.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: