What will happen with a B1/B2 visa application from a person with illegal relatives in the US? Posted on June 09, 2011

My boyfriend is a Mexican scholar and wants to visit the USA to visit and complete some research at a NY University for one month. He has strong ties to Mexico. The problem is that his mother is living on the West Coast on an expired VISA. If he discloses this information will it automatically prohibit him from obtaining a B1/B2 Visa? He does not have contact information for his mother at this time. He has no plans to see her or contact her while he is in the USA. He said many people he knows omit this information on their application, but he does not want to lie on his DS 160 because if this information is recovered it could in essence ban him from this country for an indefinite amount of time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: