What will happen will happen after being caught stealing from an ATM? How? 4 Answers as of September 09, 2015

18 year old high school football player who has not had any prior trouble with law was in the car with a 21 year and they stole from an ATM. The 18 year old is set to graduate this year, he is a quiet student and does not make any trouble. Will he have to serve any jail time?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
Probably no jail time.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/9/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Instead of worrying about the jail time, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. Theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your college/career aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/9/2015
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
Depending upon how much was stolen, he could be looking at a major problem. Putting aside the legal situation and any jail time he might do, a conviction may very seriously impact any college possibilities, scholarships, and even federal student loans. My advice, hire an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/9/2015
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. The short answer is that depending on how much money was stolen and how big of a part the 18 year old played In the theft, he could be facing serious jail time.. I strongly suggest that you or he contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding his case. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze his case and advise him of his options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/9/2015
Click to View More Answers: