What will happen when I go to drug court? 3 Answers as of May 24, 2011

I got charged with Criminal possession in the 7th degree. I had on me a very small piece of marijuana and a dollar bill with some white powder on it, not cocaine. They have me in drug court. What real trouble am I facing?

If you are in drug court you have to go to counseling and make all of your court appearances for a year or more. You will be urine tested on a random basis in court and you will be given a warning the first time, two weeks in jail the second time you violate the terms, get a dirty urine, or miss counseling. On a third violation you will be expelled from drug court and probably receive a year of probation. If you violate probation you could face jail time, but that depends on a number of factors.
I would neither further information such as your age, prior record, if any, what the white substance was etc. You should hire an attorney to get the best possible disposition of the case.
Raiser & Kenniff, PC
Raiser & Kenniff, PC | Steve Raiser
I'm not sure what jurisdiction you're referring to but in drug court, if you do well with treatment, should end up in a dismissal of the cases or at least a reduction to a non-criminal disposition where you would have to pay a fine.