What will happen when I go to court for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia? 1 Answers as of April 04, 2011

I got caught for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia about 3 months ago and the cops that night didn't cite me or give me a ticket. They just let me go and told my mom to come get me because the cop didn’t want to fill out the paperwork and I wasn’t being charged. However, now they sent me a letter in the mail saying i have to appear in court for it. Is this possible? It wasn't in my hand nor did they prick me they have no proof of me smoking. What’s going to happen when i go to court? Also I am a minor, 17.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Jackson White, PC
Jackson White, PC | Jeremy Geigle
If you are charged with possession in Arizona as a minor, you may be eligible to complete a drug diversion program in which you would receive drug counseling and be drug tested. If you successfully complete the program, the charges are not filed. However, if you are close to your 18th birthday, your case may be held and you may be prosecuted as an adult. There are many benefits to keeping your case in the juvenile system versus the adult system. You'll need the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney to understand and decide how to proceed.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 4/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: