What will happen when I go to court for forgery? 5 Answers as of May 03, 2011

I had my sons father put the water bill in his name because I fell behind (I'm a renter). The owners told the water company he was not a tenant, they were angry that I had informed them I was moving and that I was breaking my lease. I printed up my lease so he could do so. The DA has filed a complaint of forgery calling me and my sons father into court in May. What is going to happen? I have never been to court? The owners knew 5 months prior but complained when I told them of my moving plans.

Nothing more than an arraignment. That is where you are told by the court what the charges are , the potential consequences if convicted, your rights and asked how you plea ad what you want to do with you case. The plea is always not guilty and what you want to do is ask for an attorney. The court will grant new court dates.
You need to provide more specifics of your case. Contact a local, experienced Criminal Defense Attorney and get a free consultation. From what you have said so far, I would fight this case. I am having trouble believing that the District Attorney even filed charges on it. Big deal.
Forgery is a crime of moral turpitude, so you need to get a lawyer ASAP. If you have no criminal history, a skilled attorney may be able to obtain a reduction for you, and a reduction from forgery would look a lot better on your record.
If your husband had given you permission to sign his name you are o.k. But if he didn't and is not pleased about it, you better get a lawyer.
If charged with a felony, you potentially face one or more years in prison if convicted.