What will happen to my visa if I am now married? 6 Answers as of January 20, 2011

My brother a US citizen filed for me I was single at that time now that I am married when I get my immigrant status or my green card what would be the consequences of my husband?

Your husband can be included. Derivatives are permitted in this category. When your file gets to the national Visa stage we normally notify them then with a copy of the married certificate and a separate file will be set up for your spouse. Contact me for information on fees and procedures.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
In sibling petitions there are no consequences if the beneficiary gets married. Your husband will also obtain his green card as a derivative through you.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
Your husband can immigrate to the US as your dependent. You need to file some paperwork for him to make this happen.
If you case is at the National Visa Center (NVC) you need to notify them that you are married and send them a copy of the marriage certificate. You husband will be added to your case so that when your priority date is current he will be also be able to apply for an immigrant visa.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Your marriage shouldn't affect the filing.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    NO negative consequences. If you wish, your husband can apply derivatively at the same time as you and get his paper too.